Third Way’s Communications Team is looking for a smart, creative, and enthusiastic person to join us for a paid internship in Fall 2012. The person we hire will work side-by-side with members of the staff to design, organize and promote Third Way events and products. He or she will contribute research and ideas, and assist the Communications Team in achieving its programmatic goals and mission.
Some of the duties of the Events and Production Intern have included:
- Proofing and and fact-checking Third Way products, including press releases, talking points, infographics and newsletters;
- Developing content and advancing Third Way’s social networking presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr;
- Maintaining distribution lists and tracking interactions with press and policy experts using various databases;
- Planning and staffing events/briefings with a variety of political figures, elite members of the press, and other officials;
- Candidates must be a college graduate or graduate student with an interest and knowledge of national politics.
- Research Skills: Someone who is a whiz on the Internet—checking quotes, chasing down facts, digging up poll results and election returns, able to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources.
- Administrative skills: Your duties include scheduling, and proofing essays and infographics, so attention to detail is a must;
- Ability to prioritize/handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills, with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strongly Preferred: Working knowledge of database management software (NGP, VOCUS, Knowlegis, Leadership Directory).
This is a paid internship. Third Way is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.